Thursday 23 August 2012

Sleep Rollers - Goodbye Sleepless Nights, Hello Great Hair

Hi Girls! So this post is way overdue, as I've been using the infamous Sleep Rollers for quite some time now. If like me you are a massive fan of big bouncy Cheryl Cole-esque hair which looks fresh from the salon then these answer all of your problems, and wait for the best bit; while you sleep! I first saw and heard about the Sleep In Rollers when I was watching Desperate Scousewives on E4 just before Christmas. I had a huge hair crush on Amanda Harrington and Debbie O'Toole who's hair was just to die for. It had length, volume and the perfect amount of bounce which were achieved using just basic velcro rollers. I'd also seen so many celebrities rocking the same type of rollers including Amy Childs, Tamara Ecclestone (who I have a big girl crush on) and Alex Curran. I took to Twitter to ask around about which brand they all used and it turned out they used Sleep Rollers, a company based in Liverpool which sell the ultimate range of hair accessories. They stock absolutely massive bun rings (I think around 10cm wide which is amazing), bun plaits, rollers, and they've just bought out rollers which have glitter inside the actual roller. I am in hair heaven! I'll be reviewing these quite thoroughly as I don't find that many people do so get comfy!

 
Source: Google
I done my research before I bought these little beauties as I wanted to see what other girls just like me thought about them. It turned out that these (obviously by the name, duh) that they were rollers which done their job while you slept. What an amazing idea! I remember the days I used to be a slave to hard velcro rollers and sleep in them, wondering why I had a sore head and neck the morning after. Sleep Rollers are designed with a small sponge in the centre of the velcro roller, which flatten as you head is on the pillow. They are designed to be comfortable and stay in place all night. I was slightly apprehensive about this but make my order and waited eagerly for them to arrive. I paid £16.50 and bought them from the online retailer (buy them here). I believe they were on offer at the time I purchased them so I'm not quite sure of the price now, I think they're roughly £20.00.  While I was on the site I also made a cheeky purchase of the XL bun ring and a bun plait too (ooh ow naughty of me). I received my rollers in 4 days which was pretty standard for any type of delivery. 


The packaging is so sweet and pretty, everything is pink which is massive bonus if you are a girly girl like myself. It came in a medium sized pink drawstring bag which is made of quite sturdy material and has rose detailing around the top of the bag. They are the original sleep rollers as so many companies have copped onto the idea of them (cough cough Lauren Goodger I'm looking at you!) and so have the company logo on the bag with the usual "Goodbye Sleepless Nights Hello Great Hair!!!" slogan slapped across the front. I opened the bag and squealed with delight. The rollers are the brightest pink colour ever and I just love that you can still look great even when you have them in. 2 packs were inside each containing 10 rollers each (you do the maths) which would be enough to cover my whole head. If you have extra long or thick hair, you may need to invest in an extra pack of 10, they sell them on the website for £8.99 and it saves so much hassle trying to squeeze just 20 into your hair. 





When it came to about 8pm I decided to start my venture into the world of Sleep Rollers. I had a programme to watch at 9 so I'd have enough time to get the hang of things. So I washed and blow dried my hair as normal (read my review on my shampoo and conditioner here) and opened my packets of rollers with my kirby grips at the ready. As I'm quite experienced in the hair roller field I found them so easy to put in. I would suggest that practice definitely makes perfect as they take a while to get the hang of. I secured them with kirby grips in places I needed to. I quite like the natural body look so I left a few out, my hair was still warm from the blow dry which meant the rollers would set more nicely. After putting my head of rollers in which took no more than 15 minutes, I settled in to bed to watch my programme and was a bit apprehensive to sleep on them.


Bedtime came around so I pulled my duvet over and tried to get comfortable. As I'm always honest when I review a product, I will tell you that these still aren't ultra comfortable. I did find them quite annoying after moving my head position roughly 20 times, but settled down on my side in the end. I didn't have a bad sleep like some people claim they do and woke up i the morning, granted the tops of my ears were a little sore. I was so surprised that they'd stayed in place all night and hadn't moved at all. I started taking them out individually although they were a little tangled and I absolutely loved the effect it had on my hair. It was big, bouncy and rather than a defined curl which I think can only be achieved with a wand or tong, there was a nice wave to it. I don't have a photograph to show the effect that first morning as I was very late for work but the one below shows them after I'd used them for about a month (sorry for the awful picture quality) and got to know them quite well. I think it looks glam, classy and so natural. You don't always need heat to make your hair look great which to me is a huge added bonus. Some girls with shorter hair may not like these as there is no length to it without the use of clip in hair extensions. Instead of putting them into my actual hair I sometimes roll my extensions flat on a table, spray them with hairspray and leave the to set overnight. Providing the extension is of good quality and have been shampooed and conditioned, the effect as just the same as what is achieved on the natural hair. You then simply unroll the extensions and clip them in.






So what's so good about them? They are made for sleeping in, so there isn't too much discomfort which hard rollers supply you with (how nice of them). They moulded nicely into the shape of my hair as I slept without taking the effect of the bounce away too as they don't have metal or plastic in them. This means heat can be applied for the rollers to take full effect, depending on the type of look you're after. They stay secure all night and don't roll out overnight. This may be down to the amount of velcro on the actual roller and the kirby grips but I find they don't budge whatsoever. They're cheap for the amount of hair tool you receive and last a lifetime. After using mine so often the quality hasn't dropped and none have been broken or damaged. The bag which comes with the rollers is so compact and ideal for slipping into your suitcase, I've taken mine on some weekends away and the drawstring bag is ideal. As they flatten there's peace of mind knowing that's exactly what they are designed to do. Last but not least, the finished result. I absolutely love the effect Sleep Rollers have on my hair. They leave a gorgeous Victoria's Secret-esque style on my hair. I don't want to blow my own trumpet but they really do make my hair look salon fresh every morning. It gave my normally straight hair volume, body and wave without using heat. 

Do you use sleep in rollers? Or do you have another type you use?

3 comments:

  1. I've been meaning to try these! Not sure if I'd be able to sleep with them in though.

    Great, detailed review
    x

    Emma at TwentyOne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the sharing of such information. we will pass it on to our readers. This is a great reading. Thanking you
    Beauty Supply Weston

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing these fantastic historical homes on your journal and this one in Weston, Connecticut is beautiful! however nice additionally to examine your handsome brother-inlaw, sexy Plimpton the important agent World Health Organization sold the Merwin home! Your kinsman Charlie positive will seem like his papa and this is often the first time I've ever seen Randy! however nice to additionally see your friend Jim Klinko World Health Organization provided this estate sale! All of those ikons {and the|and therefore the|and additionally the} info concerning this estate sale is fabulous and the way fun it might be to to look at all of the sale things and therefore the inside this stunning home! it absolutely was fun to examine one in all your magazines for sale! Jim did {a nice|an excellent|a good} job putting in all of these stunning sale items! however nice that he saved those fig trees for you in photo #13! these days's Daily Wag is concerning "Picking up 2 New Fig Trees" with uncle Carlos! positive hope you have got another nice day and that i want you and each one else a cheerful Thanksgiving! beloved seeing you on the Today Show and the way fun that the urban center woman won the prize! Was also nice to examine your tweets all concerning the Yoga journal yesterday! additionally get to examine your great PBS cookery Show once more today! i really like it all.



    Beauty Supply Weston

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. I always reply to any questions so be sure to check back x