Sunday 10 March 2013

HD Brows Palette in 'Vamp' | Review

HD Eye & Brow Palette - £19.99 (Link here)

Hey Dolls! Unfortunately we have come to the end of the week once again - it always seems that Monday to Friday drags and once the weekend is here it's over in a flash! I hope you all had an amazing Mothers Day and treated your Mum like royalty. I treated my Mum to the tinted moisturiser by Laura Mercier and some bath oils so as you can imagine she was over the moon. We also went out for the biggest roast lunch ever, and I think it's safe to say I won't be eating for weeks now. If you read my blog regularly, you may know I went along to the Professional Beauty exhibition at ExCel a few weeks ago (read my blog post here) and managed to come back with bags and bags full to the brim of both new products to try and some all time favourites. I'm still finding myself trawling through them, but one of my favourite things I picked up was the legendary HD Brows Palette. If you haven't heard of 'HD Brows', it's a relatively new salon treatment which combines methods such as tinting, waxing and threading to achieve the ultimate high definition brow. The company also have a range of products on the market to keep them looking fresh for up to 5 weeks, and probably their most popular product is the brow palette.

I really like the packaging of the palette - a glossy black compact with the HD Brows logo on the front set out into four separate pans with a mirror on the inside and a little double ended brush makes it so easy to carry around for any touch ups throughout the day, not to mention it fits snugly in my make up bag. One of my pet peeves is getting products dirty in my make up bag, but because this isn't a felt material it's easily cleaned and ready for action. Because the show was offering trade prices, I nabbed this for £14.00 whereas the usual price is £20.00, so I definitely picked up a bargain! Alot of people will be put off the price of this bad boy, but it's definitely an investment as it lasts forever and the quality is amazing. I love the look of a well defined, dark brow so I went for the darkest option 'Vamp'. There are three colours available in these, each suited to your skin tone and hair colour so choosing a colour is relatively easy. I decided a few months ago that I much prefer powders to pencils when it comes to eyebrows, so this ticks the box perfectly. 

Clockwise from top left: Nude, Carbon, Dark Brown, Rich Brown

I've become a bit brow obsessed recently, and I have no idea why. This sought after palette hasn't disappointed me in the slightest, and it also doubles up as eyeshadow too, not that I need any more of those than I already do! I combine 'Carbon' and 'Dark Brown' for my brows, and use 'Nude' and 'Rich Brown' as an eyeshadow base. I don't honestly use the brush it comes with, purely because it's such a small size and I find it hard to work with. Instead, I use my Smashbox Angled Brow brush which does the job perfectly. The pans themselves are really good quality. They're extremely pigmented, set in place easily and above all, don't smudge throughout the day. I don't find any problem with colour fall out either which is a huge bonus, and a little goes a long way. I've gotten into eyebrow gels and waxes the last few months, so to set my brows and lock in the colour, I'll go over them with my GOSH 'Defining Brow Gel, and I find they really compliment eachother. 

Overall I'm really impressed with the HD Brows Palette. I definitely made the right choice colour wise, and it's nicely replaced my Benefit 'Browzings' palette. Once I hit pan with this I'll definitely be repurchasing it. Have you tried the HD Brows Palette?

1 comment:

  1. I really want to try this, but I'll wait till my current eyebrow powder runs out, I'm excited though, haven't heard a bad thing about this!

    Simply Abbi xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. I always reply to any questions so be sure to check back x