Tuesday 26 March 2013

Lush 'Oatifix' | Fresh Face Mask

Lush Oatifix Face Mask - £5.95 (Link here)

Hello lovely ladies! I hope you're all well and are enjoying the feeling of a brand new fresh week. I promised I'd got my blogging mojo back after lacking in posts recently, so I'm back with a review of something I've been absolutely loving lately. For some reason, I've become quite attached to Lush products recently. There's just something about them which really lifts my mood and make pamper evenings that bit more relaxing and girly. As I'm sure some of you also know, I love nothing better than a good face mask and have bought quite the collection over the past few weeks, one of my favourites being Lush's 'Oatifix'. 

Now if you're a regular reader of my blog then you'll know I'm an absolute sucker for anything with a shea butter/almond/honey/oat scent. I have no idea why, but anything which smells nutty and sweet is an absolute winner in my books! Products with ingredients like this in them tend to be for more dry skin, and although I have an oily skin type I couldn't resist picking this up. With the weather being ridiculously cold recently, I felt that my skin needed a bit more 'oomph' in terms of moisture to restore hydration, so was in search of some great new products to do just that (I've been loving the Botanics Facial Oil too, read my post here). I was tempted to pick up my beloved 'Cupcake' face mask, but after smelling this and have the lovely shop assistant apply it to the back of my hand it had to be mine. The same guidelines with all of Lush's products apply; you still need to keep it in the fridge and it still has a use by date. 



Oatifix is a blend of crushed bananas, ground almonds, oats and honey so as you can imagine works absolute wonders on dry and sensitive skin. It's a really thick formula, but at the same time really nice to apply. It doesn't apply in chunks, instead in glides onto the skin with ease without any product drop off. Other than smelling like absolute heaven, it deeply moisturises pores and eliminates flaky skin after only one use. After I leave it on for a good 10 or 15 minutes, I don't find that my face feels waxy or slippery, just really hydrated and extra soft. As you remove it, it also doubles up as an exfoliator because of the ground oats in the formula, so no more mixing two products for a decent home facial!  


1 comment:

  1. I really want to try this now! I have 5 empty LUSH pots so will pick this up soon! Great review :)

    whatmollyloves.blogpost.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. I always reply to any questions so be sure to check back x