Friday 15 March 2013

Real Techniques | Core Collection

Real Techniques Core Collection - £21.99 (Link here)

Hey there dolls, I hope you're all well now were approaching the weekend! If you'd have asked me a year ago what my favourite make up brushes were, I honestly wouldn't have had a clue. But a year on, I can safely say that Real Techniques are by far the best I've come across in terms of price and quality, and I've built up quite the collection. One thing I had on my wishlist for what seemed like forever was the infamous 'Core Collection' brush set, and I finally bit the bullet and popped one into my basket at Boots two weeks ago. Since then I've been using them religiously everyday and I have no idea what I done without them, they really are amazing. I always think that using good quality brushes makes the world of difference to the appearance of my make up, and Real Techniques is a brand that never fails to impress me. I recently posted about my favourite tools by them (read the post here), but after discovering the Core Collection, I can safely say I've added a couple more to my favourites.

The Core Collection contains four brushes and a stand alone panoramic case - for a mere £21.99 it works out at just over £5.00 for each brush which is an abolute steal. All of the brushes are part of the base collection, colour coded by the gold toned alluminium handle and the label/name on the side. I love the look and feel of all the brushes from Real Techniques, they're so sleek and I think the colour coding system (gold for base, pink for finishing and purple for eyes) is such a nice touch. It's a bonus that all of the brushes are 100% cruelty free, synthetic and stand up to maintain storage space. The brushes in the Core Collection aren't available for individual sale, however I think you could easily get use out of each brush. The brushes included are;


  • Detailer Brush - 'Precision cut to effortlessly conceal problem areas; or, use with lipstick for long lasting shape and definition'. Out of the four brushes, I haven't found that I reach for this as often. I like to blend my concealer using my usual foundation brush, but could see this being great for applying a darker lipstick if you were after a really defined lip.
  • Pointed Foundation Brush - 'Use with liquid foundation to build custom coverage'. I'm pretty happy with my 'Expert Face Brush' for my foundation, however I've got some use out of this and I quite like it. It applies my Rimmel Wake Me Up with ease and gets into eye sockets and hard to reach areas but I won't be completely parting ways with my other trusty brush.
  • Buffing Brush - 'Ideal for full coverage application of powder and mineral foundation'. This is the one item everyone gets most excited about! I'm yet to get into the mineral foundation hype, but when I do, this will be my go-to brush for application. The flat top makes it so easy to cover a larger area, and as the bristles are longer and wider than the Expert Face Brush, it's alot more flexible to work with.
  • Contour Brush - 'Delicately applies highlighter to contour or create sheer, soft-focus finish'. This for me was the one I got most excited about, I love a bit of contour! It's a very similar shape to the Blush Brush, only smaller making it a breeze to really get in to the hollows of my cheeks.
Once again, Real Techniques hasn't disappointed me in the slightest. I think the Core Collection is a great investment to my make-up brush collection, although I'm now on the lookout for nicer ways to store them. They all wash like a dream too, and don't malt like some high end brushes (ahem, MAC I'm looking at you). I'm considering buying the starter set for eyes, so if any of you lovely ladies have any reviews on it pretty please let me know in the comments. Have you tried the Real Techniques Core Collection?

5 comments:

  1. I would love to try these brushes, they look so good!

    Be great if you could check out my latest NOTD post: Jessica GELeration in Venus Was Her Name by Nail And Beauty, Cheshire.

    I am also running my 1st blog giveaway here where you could win MAC, Jewellery plus other goodies.

    Thanks! Charlie xx LurchHoundLoves.com | UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these brushes! x

    www.hannahheartss.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. These brushes are so nice. I got the blush brush for Christmas and now I want the whole range! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I picked up more or less all of the Real Techniques brushes within a space of 2 weeks, they're THAT amazing! I'm amazed with the Core Collection and I use my buffing brush every day without fail. It blends foundation into the skin perfectly and makes it look flawless xxx

    http://www.littlebeautyblogg.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want these brushes - I think maybe I just need to bite the bullet!

    http://thepowderednose.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. I always reply to any questions so be sure to check back x