Friday 16 November 2012

A Mini Haul - Haircare, Skincare & Make Up



Hi Girls! I must admit I'm not a fan of this weather. The fact that it is pitch black outside by 5o'clock means taking photos is an absolute nightmare! Apologies for not blogging this week, but it is merely impossible to get a decent looking photo without natural light. On a slightly brighter note, I used my day off to have some quality time to myself so of course I ended up at good old Superdrug. I rarely write 'haul' type posts, and although this is hardly what one would call big I still thought I'd share what I picked up. 

Simple Facial Wash Gel - I love discovering a good new cleanser! If like me you're a fan of TOWIE, then you'll know just how amazing Lucy Mecklenburgh's skin looks (if you don't watch it think Millie Mackintosh-esque skin). I was reading an interview and she swears by Simple skincare. I have used the moisturising face wash before and loved it so hope this will be just as nice to use, and for a mere £2 it would be rude not to!

L'Oreal Elvive Triple Resist X Shampoo and Conditioner - If you're a regular reader of my blog then you'll know one of my weaknesses is trying new haircare products. I always use John Freida's Beautiful Brunette range but as I like to mix it up I went for this instead. It claims to strengthen hair from root to tip and nourish split ends and dead hair. Sounds perfect to me! Not to mention it smells gorgeous and the bottle size will last me a long while, even by my standards. 

Superdrug Vitamin E Radiance Moisture Cream - Back in Summer I blogged about the Vitamin E Hot Cloth Cleanser (read it here) and the Vitamin E SPF 15 Day Dream (read here). Both were so lovely to use, and since my usual day cream ran out I decided to invest in the Radiance Moisture Cream, which promises to deliver a glow to the skin whilst providing 24 hour hydration and sun protection too. For a measly £2.99 price tag it was a real bargain!

Girls With Attitude Rock On Lashes - I wear false eyelashes almost everyday and Eylure can be pricey if you need to re-purchase on a weekly basis. I noticed these just above and they are so similar to the double lashes from Eylure and cost only £3.99 - not much difference cost wise, but I'll get just as much wear out of them. The band looks sturdy and strong which is essential. There is nothing worse than the end of an eyelash flapping around.

Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder - I've read countless rave reviews about this powder, many of which claim this to be a 'holy grail' product. I was reading the lovely Kayleigh over at CoutureGirl's most recent post and it managed to convince me to purchase it. I'll give it a bash and once I've had enough time to give it a proper review I will report back!

Have you picked up any great products recently?

2 comments:

  1. Lovely little haul! :) Still haven't tried the Rimmel pressed powder yet but everyone's raving about it! I've just ordered loads of stuff from MUA recently, still waiting for it to arrive xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love MUA stuff, the undressed pallette is my favourite but I'm dying to try the nail constellations xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. I always reply to any questions so be sure to check back x