Monday 12 November 2012

Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Sweet Tart



Hi Girls! Autumn is well and truly here, and it's time to dig out the scarves and gloves again. Boooo. I love nothing better than a good deal at Boots or Superdrug, and when I was in Westfield over the weekend I took full advantage of the 'Buy 1 get 1 half price' offer on cosmetics. Yes, I'm ridiculously late to jump on the lip butter bandwagon, but I decided (after oomphing and aahing for several minutes over my choice of which shade to buy) to pick one up and generally see what all the fuss was about after reading countless blog reviews on them all.

At first I was a little put off the thought of a lip butter as I thought it would feel too melty and gooey, and after seeing all the awful testers I very nearly decided aginst purchasing it altogether but decided to try it anyway. Revlon claims that the lip butters are 'a mango, shea and coconut butter formula that boosts lip moisture by 156%' so it was finally time for me to ditch the Vaseline. I absolutely love the packaging. I may sound slightly odd saying that packaging is important, but I love the way products look in my make up bag and it gives me a sense of enjoyment. Weird. The lid is an opaque hot pink colour with a quilted effect and covers the entire tube of lipstick when on.

I opted for 'Sweet Tart', a warm peachy pink colour when applied that literally melts onto the lips. I have a real problem for light pinks and nudes, and they are my definite go-to choice of colour for everyday, so the choice of colour was perfect. The creamy formula makes it a dream to apply, and it leaves a subtle glossy finish which always looks great. Not only is the colour pay off fantastic, but it left my lips feeling moisturised too and as though I had slathered layers upon layers of Carmex rather than a lipstick. For only £7.99 I reckon I've found a new lip product to get me through Winter, soothing dry chapped lips while looking great at the same time.



Have you tried Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters? Which is your favourite shade?

2 comments:

I love reading your comments. I always reply to any questions so be sure to check back x